Monday, July 8, 2013

Go CONFIDENTLY!

My sorority really is my life. I can't imagine who I would be without Kappa Delta. If not for KD. Kappa Delta supports the Confidence Coalition, and it is something very dear to my heart because my goal is to help whoever reads my blog become more confident while living with alopecia.

Did you know that 90% of all women want to change AT LEAST one aspect of their physical appearance, and that only 2% of women think they are beautiful? The numbers don't lie and they are absolutely shocking. My point is, that you aren't alone. Everyone wants to change something about themselves--but you shouldn't feel that way!

The goal of the confidence coalition is to help empower women and girls to be confident in themselves! God made you the way you are, and you are beautiful!

Alopecia is a disease, but comparatively it isn't as bad on your health as most diseases are. Plenty of models and pageant girls who are judged daily on their beauty have this disease and are still absolutely stunning. Every time you feel that you aren't beautiful enough, remember that you are lucky! Hair is just hair. It doesn't define you and it doesn't decide if you are beautiful or not. You ARE beautiful without it! I know its hard, and I'm guilty of feeling the exact same way, but if you "Go Confidently" you will feel so much better about yourself and live a happier life.

Here is some more information that Kappa Delta has on the confidence coalition: http://www.kappadelta.org/confidencecoalition

If any of you have any topics you would like to discuss, please leave a comment for me!
Or email me with anything at my brand new email goconfidently.copingwithAA@gmail.com

-Sammi

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again...your posts have given me some hope. of course to my daughter I am an annoying mother. But I guess all teenagers think that of their mother. You really have given me hope that even though in middle school she is having a hard time and being bullied that she can get through it and become stronger. She is in therapy so we are working with her to give her copy skills to deal with some of these mean kids!

    ReplyDelete